What to expect? Prep time: 40mns Cooking: 2 hours Difficulty level: A bit elaborate 🙂
What you need:
- 2 lbs. white sweet potatoes (batata), peeled
- 1 large banana, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry raisins
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated or powdered nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 3 tsp butter
What to do:
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes then grate them using a blender.
- Place them into a mixing bowl. Peel and mash the banana into the sweet potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Save some raisins for later.
- Mix all until well blended.
- Transfer onto a pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a spoon for about 30-35 minutes until brown.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place in a baking pan and garnish top with the raisin
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Delices Creoles’ twitst:
- Serve each slice hot with a scoop your favorite ice cream