What to expect? Prep time: 10mns Cooking: 20mnsDifficulty level: Easy
What you need:
- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste or 4 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup White Onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Thyme (fresh or dried)
- 5 hot dogs
- 2-3 spoons of seasoning
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Crushed Red Pepper (to taste-optional)
What to do:
- Boil pasta according to package. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water for later use.
- In a heavy large saucepan, heat oil and add tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Cook tomato paste for 3 – 4 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, onion, thyme, and hot dog and cook for 4 minutes while stirring to blend.
- Add seasoning and pepper and stir.
- Add pasta and stir to blend while gradually adding the pasta water.
- Lower heat and cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper if using.
- Let the noodles crisp up just a bit for little bits of crunch to taste.
Delices Creoles’ twitst:
- Serve with boiled eggs, banana and/or sliced avocado
- Replace hot dogs by other meat (shrimp, pre-cooked chicken) or veggies