What to expect? Prep time: 30mns Cooking: 20-40mns Difficulty level: Easy
What you need:
- 2 to 4 table spoons of Creole seasoning
- red bell pepper, green pepper, garlic, parsley
- hot pepper optional
- 2lbs of chicken
- 1 big spoon of olive or canola oil.
- 1 tsp of thyme.
- 1 table spoon of tomato paste or 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- 1 spoon of adobe or salt your choice.
- 2 limes
- 2 big spoon of white vinegar.
- Onion, sweet peppers to finish.
What to do:
- Squeeze limes
- Wash the chicken in with half of the lemon juice and vinegar
- Rinse meat with cold water
- Make small incisions in the chicken so the spice can go in
- Mix the rest of the lime juice and vinegar, Creole seasoning, oil and thyme in a pot
- Add chicken and mix well
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 30mn in the mixture
- Then place pot on medium fire and let it cook to taste (Between 20 to 40 mns)
- Check every 5 to 7 mins and add small amount of water if when needed
- Add tomato paste or sauce, sweet peppers, onion and the parsley to finish.
Delices Creoles’ twitst:
- Add a pinch of ginger for a kick to the taste.