What to expect? Prep time: 15mns Cooking: 15mns Difficulty level: Very easy
What you need?
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- granulated or powdered sugar for dusting
What to do?
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed fruit with the milk, add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat the flour mixture into the fruit mixture until smooth.
- Heat the oil over medium high setting and drop the batter by 1/2 Tablespoons into hot oil.
- Fry until golden, about 1 minute each side.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove from the pan.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
Delices Creoles’ twitst:
- Bananas can be replaced by mango, peach or peach
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and/or ginger and/or nutmeg powder