What to expect? Prep time: 20mns Cooking: 30mns Difficulty level: Easy
What you need?
• 2 beets
• 3 big potatoes
• 2 carrots
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsps of mayonnaise (or Olive oil)
• 1 1/2 tsps lemon juice
• 1 tsp white wine vinegar
• 1/4 tsp mustard
• 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
• 2 eggs
• green peas
• green onions
What to do?
1. Boil beets in one pot. (20 to 30mns)
2. Boil your potatoes, carrots and eggs in another pot. (20 to 30mns but remove eggs after 15mns)
3. Peel all vegetables and cut them into dices.
4. Add mayonnaise and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add green peas and green onions.
6. Cool in the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 mns before serving.
Delices Creoles’ twitst:
- Boiled eggs can be saved for later and used as decoration around the plate.
- Vegetables could also be prepared separately for a pretty tricolor salad or in case a guest such as kid does not like beets.