What to expect? Prep time: 30mns Cooking: 15mns Difficulty level: Easy
What you need?
- 6 flounder or tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 hot or jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
What to do?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place flounder fillets in baking dish.
- Mix lime juice, parsley, and salt together in a small bowl. Pour over fillets.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, peppers, and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, orange juice, seasoning, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Spread 3/4 of the mixture over the fillets in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fillets flake easily with a fork, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve remaining mixture alongside fillets.
Delices Creoles’ twitst: Cover one side of the fish with bread crumbs for crunchier fish.