What to expect? Prep time: 10mns Cooking: 25mns Difficulty level: Easy
What you need?
- 15 oz can of drained & rinsed kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (optional)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 scotch bonnet chile pepper
What to do?
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute shallot and garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in cooked beans, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with bay leaves, adobo seasoning, salt, pepper, and cloves.
- Add 2 cups of water; stir into skillet.
- Place sprigs of parsley and thyme, and scotch bonnet pepper on top.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Let it cook uncovered until it is almost dry and you can see the rice (18-20minutes)
- Reduce heat, cover.
- Remove thyme, parsley, and scotch bonnet pepper to serve.
Delices Creoles’ twitst:
- Add bacon right after the beans for more flavor.
- Serve with sliced avocado