What you need?
- 1⁄2 lb salt cod fish
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
What to do?
- Soak cod fish in water for 1-3 hours. The longer it soaks the less salty it will become.
- Boil for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile peel and dice potatoes; boil for 20 minutes. When cool mash coarsely.
- Drain, rinse fish under cold water and flake making sure to remove fine bones.
- Add butter, pepper and shredded fish to potatoes, mix well.
- Form mixture into balls.
- Dip in beaten egg then breadcrumbs.
- Fry in deep oil in fryer basket until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot